Meet Gregory, a writer and the brains behind Face Dragons.
With almost 20 years using GTD, he’s the go-to guy for getting things done.
After working in biotech setting up systems used accross multinational companies, Gregory ran a consulting company in Beijing placing clinets in Fortune 500 companies, helping them get promotions, change careers, and start their own businesses. He still consults for Mandarin Consulting occassionally.
He’s an expert at finding the root of your problems, whether personal or professional, then finding a route out.
He wants to give you access to the experience and expertise which used to cost clients thousands
Now he’s on a mission to help more people face their dragons and live the life they want with his growing media empire. Face Dragons is at the core of that empire.
He’s a Writer First
Gregory has written articles published in News outlets accross the United States and some of the most popular online publications in the world.
See where he’s been published with Gregory’s Muckrack Profile.
On Face Dragons he share his expertise writing on topics like:
- Personal development.
- Personal knowledge management (PKM)
- Martial Arts
- The digital nomad lifestyle
- Staying focused and healthy
When he’s not writing, you’ll catch him at the local MMA gym, nose buried in a book, or just chilling with the family.
A Productivity Addict
Gregory’s been using GTD for almost 20 years, despite trying out other productivity methods, apps and ideas, he always comes back to “Making It All Work,” which he prefers over “Getting Things Done.”
After seeing David Allen’s plans for a never-released GTD app, Gregory was inspired to build his own Getting Things Done Application. It follows the principals of Free and Open-Source and Lightweight software, it get’s out of the way so he can get things done.
He wrote it in Bash, using DMenu, check out Gregory’s GTD app on Github if you want to take a look.
A Lifelong Digital Nomad
Gregory’s been living the digital nomad life in Asia for as long as anyone can remember, while helping clients smash their goals.
- He’s lived in China, Thailand, Nepal, India, Laos, and Cambodia; for the last 16 years, he’s turned the ex-pat or digital nomad lifestyle, which most dream about, into a reality.
- He started a business that ruled an industry in China. He’s helped clients while on Thai islands and tucked away in hotels hanging off the Himalayas.
- He speaks a number of languages and loves learning about new people and personality types.
A week after this photo at Everest Base Camp in 2015 he was back on Skype taking clients’ calls.
You’ll Find Him in the Gym
If he’s not plugged into his laptop working hard, he’s working out. Give him a gym with both a weight lifting area and a heavy bag, and he’s in his element.
Gregory’s been practicing martial arts for over 30 years. It was this love for martial arts which first sent him off to China and started his lifelong journey around Asia.
- Greg’s trained with Shaolin Monks in China
- Trained Muay Thai in Thailand
- He’s competed in Kickboxing and TKD
- Has a black belt in Taekwondo
- And is an expert in both Yang and Chen Style Tai Chi
Follow Gregory Gaynor on Social Media
You’ll find Gregory posting daily on X (formally Twitter) and Facebook, but if you prefer Mastodon or YouTube you’ll find him there too.
- Follow Gregory on X
- Follow Gregory on Facebook
- Follow Gregory on Linkedin
- Follow Gregory on Mastodon
- Subscribe to Gregory on YouTube
- Follow Gregory on GitHub
If you’re looking to follow the Face Dragon Socials, you’ll find them on the About Face Dragons Page.
Need to get in touch?
Check out the Contact Us page. Or email Gregory directly:
Or want to Work With Us?