You might not realize it, but there are dragons everywhere! Facing and overcoming them can bring you unimaginable treasure. Face Dragons will train you and arm you to face the fiercest dragons you will encounter.
What is a Dragon?
Dragons take the most precious things from us (in literature, that’s gold, maidens, or princesses.) Dragons don’t live nearby; they often live in faraway castles, dungeons, or lairs. And they’re dangerous. They breathe fire and live to destroy.
Here at Face Dragons, we train you for these dragons:
- The Dragon of Weakness
- The Dragon of Ignorance
- The Dragon of Meaninglessness
- The Dragon of Inaction
OK, So What Does That Mean?
You know this story. You’ve heard it a million times. It lives in literature, mythology, and your favorite films.
- It’s the story of Hercules and his twelve tasks that help him overcome the misery (and guilt) of losing Megara.
- It’s the story of Harry Potter, who leaves his life behind to learn who he was meant to be to overcome Voldemort – a dragon.
- It’s Simba who has to learn who he really is in another land to come back and defeat Scar.
Dragons Hoard Gold
If you’ve ever wondered why dragons hoard gold or capture virgins, now you’ll get it.
Dragons are obstacles. They are the hard things in life. And doing something hard always brings a reward.
Dragons Don’t Live Nearby
If you’re looking for a dragon on the couch in your living room, forget it, you won’t find one.
If you want to fight a dragon, like St.George, you too need to go on a hero’s journey; the long road there will teach you the skills you need to succeed.
Dragons Are Dangerous
If you’re looking for an easy dragon to begin with, it doesn’t exist.
Dragons are dangerous, but Face Dragons will help you develop the strength and courage to defeat them.
The Dragon of Inaction
Gold: Success and Progress
One of life’s dragons is Inaction. This dragon attacks by making you lazy, unwilling, ineffective, or unproductive.
“A man is the sum of his actions”John Galsworthy
If you’re plagued with inaction, this may be a dragon you need to slay.
To face a dragon like Inaction, you must arm yourself with the right weapons and armor. Armor such as a lofty goal, a philosophy of action, and a system to make it happen:
- Goals for 2023: 50 Goal Ideas for Personal Growth
- Puppy to Wolf: How to Become a Sigma Male
- How to Setup a Minimal Productivity System
Then, you must travel that long winding path towards the citadel, spending time honing your new skills, strengthening yourself by pushing through, and working on the days you don’t feel like it until you slide your blade beneath its scales and declare victory.
The spoils might be a successful business, a flourishing creative hobby, or a respected public life. The skills you learned on the way to the dragon enhance every area of your life because you can do more and be more.
The Dragon of Weakness
Gold: A Long and Healthy Life
The dragon of Weakness waits for us all, brooding, binding its time, but it can strike any moment.
If we fortify ourselves, we can hold it off for years to come. On the way to the lair of the dragon of Weakness, we can choose many different paths.
- The Path of the Strong
- The Way of Flexibility
- The Road of Health
By choosing the path of the strong, you may choose to fortify yourself against the dragon of weakness by lifting weights and becoming stronger, building a body that can withstand. You can select the flexible way and create a yoga practice, building a body supple and agile enough to evade the attacks of the dragon of Weakness. Or you may go down the road of the healthy eater, choosing a keto or paleo diet that will keep you in good shape to fend off the attacks of the dragon of Weakness.
- How to Wake Up Early and Not Feel Tired
- Starting The Ketogenic Diet: Day 1 on Keto
- Bulking on Keto, Can You? Should You?
The Dragon of Meaninglessness
Gold: A Meaningful Life
We’ve all had scuffles with this dragon over our lives. Sometimes life can seem empty, and you feel unfulfilled, but this is a dragon you can slay, just like the others.
It may take a lifestyle change to arm yourself enough to fight against this dragon. It may mean traveling the world, changing your job, or starting a family, but as you meander across the landscape, learning these things from the people your encounter, you will soon realize that you’re not the same person anymore.
- How to Become a Digital Nomad (A Road Map)
- Follow this Monk Mode Plan and Leapfrog Everyone
- Hobbies for Nerds: A Journey Through Geekdom
You’ll discover that the dragon of meaningless doesn’t intimidate you anymore.
The Dragon of Ignorance
Gold: Knowledge & Good Decisions
This dragon wants to keep you dumb and making bad decisions.
The journey to get to this dragon is so long that you may never reach it, but the way is so colorful; the journey is worth it anyway. A reading habit is among the things you will use to go against this dragon. On this long road, you’ll meet characters that teach you truths you don’t have the time to uncover yourself.
- 135 Categorized Books Every Man Should Read
- Build a Reading Habit: Become a Lifetime Reader
- How to Read Faster and Retain More: I’ve Tried Everything!
Hector will teach you how to own the responsibility of having a family. Jung will show you why you do what you do, and Feynman will explain how the world works.
You Bring Them Together & Become Stronger
The armor and blades you acquire as you prepare to face these fierce reptiles work harmoniously together. Growing more productive will aid you in gathering more knowledge which will allow you to make better decisions for a meaningful life which will motivate you to keep up with your diet and exercise, giving you more energy for…you get the point.
Deciding that you will face off against these dragons will spiral
The brainchild and passion project of Gregory Gaynor, Face Dragons also benefits from the knowledge and expertise of some of the best bloggers on the planet.
As Seen On:
- Business Insider Personal Development Expert Helps Boost Productivity and Focus With Monk Mode
- Hello Sensible 13 Journaling Ideas: Don’t Fear the Empty Page!
- Savoteur Create the Perfect Morning Routine for You
- Wander with Alex 21 Entertaining Things to Do in Clearwater, Florida on Vacation
- Wealth of Geeks How to Answer, “Are You a Great Match for This Role?”
- MSN (06/22/2022) 23 Digital Nomad Jobs for the Lifestyle You Deserve
- MSN (07/31/2022) 20 Skills to Put on Your Resume: Achieve your Dream Job
- MSN (08/07/2022) 30 Fun Hobbies for Men Over 50
- MSN (09/22/2022) 10 Best Things To Do In Scotland’s Highlands
- MSN (08/23/2022) The Keto Diet Is Losing Followers, Is Inflation to Blame?
Get in Touch With Face Dragons
Check out the Contact Face Dragons Page and connect!